This is a good illustration of consequences where Policies are put into place by people in authority WITHOUT DOING THEIR FREAKING HOMEWORK
The policy guidelines issued by the Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA) underMemorandum Circular No. 4 took effect on January 15. It basically imposes qualifications and restrictions for Foreign Employers hiring Filipino workers without going through the POEA for processing of job orders and contracts, putting them at the mercy of recruitment agencies and discrimination from Foreign Employers.
The latest on this:
Now, yes, those are on the embassies, but there is irreparable damage as not all Foreign Companies are aware of this amendment.
Off with their heads! Harharhar.
Now, what can we do as individuals here to solve this? I invite you to sign this online petition to send the message to these authorities that what they did AIN’T HELPING and is aggravating the situation.
- POEA: Returning OFW Reintegration (mastercitizen.wordpress.com)
- POEA: Fixer Alert – No POEA loans for OFWs (mastercitizen.wordpress.com)
- POEA: Illegal Recruiters Hire Workers Through Facebook (mastercitizen.wordpress.com)
- An Expat Child’s Dream (johnamandac.wordpress.com)
- Filipino Entrepreneurs Can Now Tap into a Global Marketplace for Jobs Online (prnewswire.com)