For a huge part of our lives our thoughts would always be rotating around food in some fashion, inspite of your denial.
Growing up as a
hackneyed latchkey kid staying at an extended family‘s compound with tons of cousins – I distinctly remember the bell ringing during summer vacation indicating that it’s time to eat. Then we all head up the stairs to the 3rd floor in what I would describe now as a buffet. Cousins, brothers, sisters, Aunts and Uncles would then catch up on how their day was going.
It was a time to share part of your wishes, hopes, dreams and rants – quite a good way to bond with the rest of the clan.
I don’t remember being a picky eater then, so it doesn’t surprise me much that as an adult I’d always seek the local food for a new place I get to.
Strangest food I’ve tried hands down would be the Tamilok from Palawan. Worst food situation I have when I lived alone was when money was running out before payday and I would subsist with crackers, peanut butter and instant noodles.
Comfort food would be a really good pizza, greens with good vinegar-based dressing, sushi, a good slab of ribs or steak, anything chocolate and a variety of fish dishes (saucy or friend, man, I think of them now it’s way past midnight I think I need to eat again).
Fasting outside of health requirements for me is a huge disrespect to individuals that have limited or no access to and the blessings of food that is made available.
I am thankful that I have chances to eat these good things. It’s such an awful thing to have leftovers that will go to waste, knowing as we speak there are thousands of people dying of hunger.
With the technology these days I await a good way to equally distribute food so that the resources consumed to produce is optimized.
Though Occupy Wall Street, Education and Poverty are quite popular topics to tackle now, none of these can be acted upon by those whose essential need to feed themselves are not met.
- [Blog Action Day] Food (geeky-guide.com)
- 21st century Thanksgiving: Food challenges and choices (goodfoodrevolution.wordpress.com)
- Dropping the F-bomb: why “foodie” needs to go away (gadling.com)
- Food Issues (scenesfromabus.wordpress.com)
- Love and Hate #BAD11 (mita56.wordpress.com)
- What Occupy Wall Street Has To Do With Food (huffingtonpost.com)
- Like Food? Occupy Wall Street! (edo-ergo-sum.com)
- Dickens lives! (Blog Action Day 2011) (englezara.wordpress.com)
- A Sin You Can’t Get Rid Of; FOOD #BAD11 (hishamad.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Wall Street raises $300,000 (thestar.com)
- Breakfast, Lunch, And Dinner At #OccupiedWallStreet (buzzfeed.com)