As Charles Dickens would bicker on A Tale of Two Cities,
“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.”
Ahahaha, too many polysyllables.
- With God’s grace (and very understanding bosses), I had been allowed to go back and spend the holidays with my family in Manila.
- With God’s grace (and reliable plastic), a childhood dream of going to Disneyland with my family had been fulfilled.
- It might sound minor to the rest of the world, I had been invited to a former colleague’s wedding (it was a NAV team thing yet I hail from AX) and it was my first time to have been subjected to “the garter”!
- Enjoyed dinner with my Anawangin tropa. Tina and Fernan are getting married! Yay!
- I had a chance to see again my Radix12ster buddies. I got envious that Jackie will go on sabbatical after December but then again when my mind starts considering the financial impact my senses go back.
- Leah and I had a good catch-up. She has agreed to sell her share of the Victoria Station condo with me this year. God-willing she will join me here by March!
- We spent Christmas and New Year’s Eve for the first time at my brother’s house, no preparations done for Noche Buena, Media Noche or Fireworks at our family home. It seems for our own house we can’t get ourselves to celebrate with my father’s absence, so we had to join my brother instead. I don’t know if I’m up for that next year.
- Due to a flight miscalculation, I had spent 16 hours in Kuala Lumpur. It was fun, I had the chance to go aroun KLCC, Petronas Towers, Bintang Walk, Menara KL Tower, get a good massage and earn some more A-Club points.
Then I stuck out my thumb, and I’m back here in Dubai!
The holidays and turn of the year makes you wonder and wander for what’s important in life. What can I say? I got it all figured out. And I can’t do a thing. Yet.
So now I cope.
It will be better soon. I can smell it.
PS. How can I forget? I went to an Ogie Alcasid concert too, organized by my brother! That’s number 9.