RT @acumenfund Rebooting Valentine’s Day as #generosityday #thatslove #notgettingany a blog entry + an FB note 4 my peeps. Love & Light! #fb
A tweet from @acumenfund a few days back started to stir in my head, whilst trying to decide between:
- accepting Valentine’s Day date invites from equally gorgeous+energetic+smelling good men
- chillin at the spa – must admit it has been pretty busy lately
- pushing through with the “date” with Binondo Church’s St. Josemaria Escriva statue giving out novenas and talking about the Opus Dei personal prelature to the curious
- holing up in my room watching the mushiest of romcoms feeling vulnerable and/or sorry for being single during this day of days where a lover appears to be necessary
- going to a gaybar with fellow single ladies ogling at male equipment we will never have
The tweet goes:
On Monday we’re trying to reboot Valentine’s Day as #generosityday. Are you in? Thanks for your help! http://bit.ly/fJASGV
The link follows as:
I got floored and am now joining them to celebrate Generosity Day.
In cooperation with this awesome company’s great initiative, I hereby offer to the universe EVERYTHING I HAVE (time & efforts for service + material stuff) that you feel I can give away while keeping myself and my family sustainable still.
Please just go message, comment, text, call me TODAY – we will schedule handovers – I WILL GIVE IT TO YOU WHOLEHEARTEDLY. No questions asked (well except maybe for more details logistics/delivery wise), no exchange deals, no catch, no BS. It’s yours for the asking. TODAY.
HAPPY GENEROSITY DAY, UNIVERSE!
- Valentine’s Day Etiquette: Dos and Don’ts (education.com)
- Absolutely Delicious: Review of “A Valentine’s Day Love Story” by Delicious Thoughts (nevealane.wordpress.com)